BMW K 1600 GT and K 1600 GTL
* Supreme in-line 6-cylinder engine with a high level of pulling power, especially in the lower and medium engine speed range.
* The lightest and most compact 6-cylinder in-line engine in serial motorcycle production weighing just 102.6 kg and measuring 560 mm in width.
* Engine output 118 kW (160 bhp) at approx. 7500 rpm and a maximum torque of approx 175 Nm at approx. 5000 rpm.
* Over 70% of maximum torque available from 1500 rpm.
* Consistent lightweight construction throughout the entire vehicle (magnesium front panel carrier, aluminium rear frame, crankshaft etc.).
* E-Throttle: fully electronic relay between accelerator grip and throttle valve.
* Three drive modes to choose from ("Rain", "Road", "Dynamic")
* High active safety due to standard BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part integral).
* Traction control DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) for maximum safety when accelerating (optional extra).
* Chassis with Duolever and Paralever and ideal mass concentration for dynamic riding properties combined with optimum comfort.
* Electronic Suspension Adjustment ESA II for optimum adaptation to all uses and load states (optional extra).
* World premiere for a motorcycle: Adaptive Headlight (optional extra) in conjunction with standard xenon headlamp and lighting rings for increased safety at night.
* Integrated operating concept for the first time with Multi-Controller, TFT colour screen and menu guidance.
* Audio system with preparation for navigation device and controllable interface for iPod, MP3, USB, Bluetooth and satellite radio (only USA and Canada) (standard in the K 1600 GTL).
* Innovative design with outstanding wind and weather protection.
* K 1600 GTL with very comfortable, relaxed ergonomics set-up for long trips with pillion passenger as well as luxury touring features.
* Extensive optional equipment and individually tailored accessories at the familiar high level of BMW Motorrad.